Project X Zone is a strategy role-playing game for the Nintendo 3DS. The game is a crossover between Capcom, Namco Bandai, and Sega properties, featuring characters from series by all three companies, notably Resident Evil, Mega Man, Tekken, and Tales.  Developed by Banpresto and Monolith Soft, it was released October 11, 2012 in Japan and June 25, 2013 in North America, and will be released July 5 in Europe, with a release in summer for Australia.      
It was first announced in the February 2012 Nintendo Direct conference, where it was said that the three companies were collaborating on a secret project.   Namco Bandai later trademarked the title of the game.  It was later fully unveiled in an issue of Japanese magazine Famitsu. 
The game plays similar to its predecessor, Namco × Capcom.  Players control units made up of two characters known as a "Pair Unit" which consist of a duo from a specific game (for example, Ryu and Ken from Street Fighter) and move through grid-based stages, collecting treasure and fighting enemies. An additional third characters, known as a "Solo Unit", can also join in during battle.
The game's combat system, known as the Cross Active Battle System, involves pressing the A button in combination with the Circle Pad performs up to five basic attack combos. As well, players can pull off the "Support Attack", which calls in nearby allies for assistance, and "Cross Hit", which freezes the target in place during simultaneous attacks from multiple units.   As damage is dealt, the Cross Power (XP) gauge is filled up and can be used for special attacks and defensive moves on the map.
Famitsu gave the game a 33 out of 40.  The game received a 70 on Metacritic and 71.36% on GameRankings. Critics criticized the repetitive fights and nonsensical plot.
- ↑ http://ds.ign.com/articles/122/1222728p1.html
- ↑ http://andriasang.com/con1og/project_x_zone_date/
- ↑ http://www.siliconera.com/2012/06/26/project-x-zone-comes-out-in-october-with-ghostsn-goblins-and-cyberbots-characters/
- ↑ https://twitter.com/NamcoBandaiUK/status/293402750409142272
- ↑ http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/01/21/project-x-zone-coming-to-north-america
- ↑ http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/04/05/project-x-zone-release-date-announced
- ↑ http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2013/04/project_x_zone_european_release_date_confirmed
- ↑ http://ds.ign.com/articles/121/1219196p1.html
- ↑ http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2012/02/22/capcom-sega-amp-namco-bandai-unite-for-3ds-game.aspx
- ↑ http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=175085
- ↑ http://nintendoeverything.com/86197/namco-bandai-sega-and-capcom-crossover-finally-revealed/
- ↑ http://andriasang.com/con0lq/project_x_zone_interview/
- ↑ http://andriasang.com/con11b/project_x_zone_monolith/
- ↑ http://andriasang.com/con117/project_x_zone_gameplay/
- ↑ http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=186929
- ↑ http://www.vg247.com/2013/04/16/project-x-zone-limited-edition-revealed-detailed/