Nintendo is an international video game company based in Kyoto, Japan. Nintendo is the creator of the Nintendo 3DS as well as many other systems including the Nintendo DS, Wii, and Wii U. The company is thought of as one of "The Big Three" video game companies, the other two being Sony and Microsoft. International offices can be found in other countries such as the United States, Canada, Australia, South Korea, and China (under the iQue brand name).
Nintendo was founded by Fusajiro Yamauchi in late 1889 as a card company, originally named "Nintendo Koppai." Based in Kyoto, Japan, the business produced and marketed a playing card game called Hanafuda. The handmade cards became very popular, and assistants were hired to mass produce cards to satisfy demand. Today, Nintendo continues to manufacture playing cards in Japan and organizes its own tournament called the "Nintendo Cup".  
More info coming soon
Major Figures in Nintendo
- Shigeru Miyamoto - One of the top game developers and the creator of Mario, The Legend of Zelda, and other popular series.
- Satoru Iwata - Current President of Nintendo as well as the creator of Animal Crossing.
- Reggie Fils-Aime - Current President of Nintendo of America.
- Official website (Japanese)
- Official website (American)
- Official website (Canadian)
- Official website (European)
- Official website (Australian)
- Official website (Taiwanese)
- Official website (Korean)