Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|“||Have courage and renounce the promises and responsibilities that are expected of you.||”|
— Producer Tomoya Asano on what the game's title means.
Bravely Default (known as Bravely Default: Flying Fairy in Japan and Bravely Default: Where the Fairy Flies in-game in the localized versions) is a role-playing game for the Nintendo 3DS. Developed by Silicon Studio and published by Square Enix, the game was released October 11, 2012 in Japan.    It was released in Europe on December 6, 2013 and in North America on February 7, 2014, published by Nintendo.    The game is considered to be the successor to the DS title Final Fantasy: The 4 Heroes of Light.
An expanded version, titled Bravely Default: For the Sequel, will be released in Japan on December 5, 2013, both as a separate retail release and as downloadable content.  Additions include new story events, more save slots, and a dual language option.  These changes are present in the North American and European version of the game. 
Players control a team of four characters, Agnès Oblige, Tiz Arrior, Edea Lee, and Ringabel. The game has a job system similar to Final Fantasy V, in which a character takes on a role such as freelancer, knight, black mage, ninja, etc., and can level up and learn new abilities.  The battle system consists of a turn-based system with two notable options -- Brave and Default (hence the game's title). Default allows characters to shield for a turn and gain Brave Points. When Brave is selected, those Brave Points are used to pull off an extra move per character per turn.
Famitsu gave the game a 38 out of 40. 
- ↑ http://andriasang.com/con05d/bravely_default_developer/
- ↑ http://www.siliconera.com/2012/06/26/bravely-default-flying-fairy-will-take-to-the-skies-in-october/
- ↑ http://andriasang.com/con1ol/bravely_default_date/
- ↑ http://www.siliconera.com/2013/04/17/bravely-default-flying-fairy-will-be-published-by-nintendo-in-north-america/
- ↑ http://www.joystiq.com/2013/10/01/bravely-default-coming-to-europe-on-december-6-q1-2014-in-us/
- ↑ https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/400657579371528192
- ↑ http://www.destructoid.com/bravely-default-for-the-sequel-expansion-announced-260894.phtml
- ↑ http://www.siliconera.com/2013/09/01/bravely-default-for-the-sequel-has-revised-battle-system-english-language-option/
- ↑ http://www.siliconera.com/2013/09/02/bravely-default-for-the-west-is-the-enhanced-version-of-the-game/
- ↑ http://www.siliconera.com/2011/09/21/bravely-default-flying-fairys-job-system-is-similar-to-final-fantasy-v/
- ↑ http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=186929